Apex Legend - very detailed shooting game
Pros & Cons of Apex Legend
- Game is available for Windows, Xbox, PS4
- Very detailed battle map
- Game is not available on Mac, iOS & Android*
- You need at least 22 GB of memory on your PC
Apex Legend is a new free-to-play online shooting game, released in 2019.
It was developed by Respawn Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts in 2019. Apex Legends is available for Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Right after the release, it became extremely popular, with over 70 million users registered. The success might be surprising, considering that the battle royale genre hardly lacks good games with PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds and Fortnite being the most well-known ones. Nevertheless, strong competition did not stop Apex Legends from surpassing 50 million users in the first month.
As it represents the battle royale genre, it certainly meets the players’ expectations of what’s going to be in the gameplay. However, it also has some unique features that make Apex Legends special. Unlike other games of this genre, Apex Legends is the first one that really has a deep focus on teamwork. There is no such thing as working “solo” - all the players are either divided into duos or three-person squads. So once you land on the island -all the battle royale games start with the landing - stick with your team and don’t try to be a lone wolf unless you wanna get slaughtered in the first few minutes.
The game has 12 playable characters to choose from - Legends. Each Legend has abilities designed to answer the specific needs of a team, so choose your character thoughtfully. There are 3 kinds of abilities: passive ones that work automatically, tactical abilities that work after a quick charge, and ultimate ones that are available after a while. Don’t hesitate to use them all and don’t try to save it for the last moment - recharging even ultimate abilities does not take that much time. Anyway, knowing your team’s strengths and using them through the round will make your strategy way more successful.
One more thing that distinguishes the game from other of its’ genre is the possibility to revive your teammate once he’s killed. You can also heal either yourself or your armor - there’re two kinds of healing potions available.
Apart from the emphasis on teamwork and character’s unique abilities, Apex Legends has all the battle royale genre regular features: shrinking playable area, forcing players to gather within the small safe ring; armor and guns scavenging; and fighting until one last man or team is standing.
Apex Legend game’s social media is pretty big. Apex Legend Twitter has 1.5 million followers, Apex Legend Instagram over 1.5 million followers, Apex Legend Reddit has 941,000 and Discord has 284,000 members.
Some most popular questions:
1. How many GB is Apex Legend?
* Apex Legend requires 23 GB on Hard drive and 6 GB of RAM. Check more info in Apex Legend system requirements.
2. How to get Legend tokens in Apex Legend?
* That’s easy! Each new level up in the game gives you 600 Legend tokens for free. More you play - higher level - more tokens.Each character costs 12,000 Legend tokens and if you get 600 free tokens for each new level, then it will require to play 50 - 100 matches to earn for character.
* Buy or get Apex Packs, which can give Legend tokens.
3. Who is the best character in Apex Legend?
* Until you start playing, you will not know ;)
4. How to play Apex legend on mobile?
* Currently, only android phones can be used to play Apex, however, it requires Nvidia's new GeForce Now game streaming service.
Overall, if you are looking for a fresh experience in the battle royale genre, Apex Legends might be just for you! As already mentioned, it’s free-to-play, it’s new, which means the gameplay is just getting started, and it totally rebooted the whole genre that seemed to be slowing down after PubG and Fortnite success.